The updated “simplified” IDPA rules have been released and will apply to all future shoots.
Key changes to the rules include:
- Each point down adds 1 second to your time (instead of half a second previously).
- The FTN penalty no longer exists.
- A new Flagrant Penalty (FP) has been added, which is more severe than a PE but less severe than a FTDR.
- Tactical sequence no longer exists.
- Cover shall be indicated by physical fault lines (one per Position of Cover).
- A smaller zero point down circle has been added to the target head, with the remainder of the head being scored -1.
- Some equipment rules have changed.
- The classifier has changed completely, but your current classification is unaffected.
Please remember that, according to the shooter code of conduct, it is your responsibility to maintain a working knowledge of the current IDPA rulebook.